Perfect Union banner

Good Idea for scope?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SeekHer 
#1 ·
When I thought this up I was envisioning it for a red dot. Here it goes. Would it be possible for a manufacture to build a red dot with a USB drive and memory?

I was thinking, being able to program different zero's into the scope, you know, for different rifles, distances, whatever. Plug it into your computer or smart phone and change the zero. For plinkers, that would be awesome.

Is this possible or has it been done before? I could see spending serious cash on a scope that was easily transferable to different rifles, without the need to set up some paper.

(If someone here uses this idea to make millions, break me off a piece)

#2 ·
Ha, wow now thats definately ahead of its time.

However, I know Nikon and others are getting there. I am most familair with Nikon's software.

They have bullet drop compensating (BDC) reticles on their scope and on their website is a free softwear that lets you know the different drop point on the scope to the exact yard at different magnification, zero, target distance, ammo, etc. One could be a very quick shot with some quick cards made up ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.