Perfect Union banner

EO Tech/Aimpoint

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  C.Montague 
#1 ·
So right now I have a Ruger SR556 (piston AR) with an EO Tech 512 on it. I have been tinking of getting one of the EO tech 3x magnifiers that you can flip to the side, but I find it hard to shoot the EO tech much past 100yds since the recticle coves up a lot of the target. I have wanted to get a different sight but then I think what would I do with my EO Tech. I think I have a solution. I am about to buy a mossberg 590 with a rail on top. I am thinking about putting the EO Tech on the mossberg and sighting it in for slugs and getting either an aimpoint or eotech sight for my AR with a single dot recticle, then I could decide if I still want the magnifier after. Thoughts/opinions much appreciated

#2 ·
SWFA 1-4X24. Best of both worlds in one unit. At 4X you have a Mil-Dot cross hair for accuracy at long range. Good glass costs $$$. EoTechs and Aimpoints are good glass, by the time you add their multiplier you have spent about what the SWFA costs. YMMV

#5 ·
EO Tech is the brand I like the most. Not much else can take a beating like they can. I saw a review for the 512 on KL Security Solutions' website where some soldier fired over 10k rounds in Afghan and Iraq with the same EO.

If that isnt tough, what is?

When it comes to magnification, keep in mind that you need to see the target befre anything else, aside from time at the gun ranges. In the real world, you might have a 3x-4x, but that does little good if you dont have binocs or a spotter telling you where to aim before you raise yor gun.

#6 ·
The problem with the Eotech as mentioned above the dot is to big for anything at range, even with magnification.. As far as room to room, it's great.
I have used aim points, EOtech's. I run an ACOG with a Doctor optics RD mounted on top for a reason. The MOA on the doctor sight is perfectly sized and the ACOG has illuminated dual crosshairs.. 100m and 200m, then it has a drop compensator up to 600m. It's setup for 62gr ammo out of a 14.5in Barrel, which is what I run; but you can get it in different configurations. My ACOG has took a beating and it still works like brand new.
I was a grunt myself 2/327 101st and the ACOG like I have and the Elcan 1-4 are my favorites.
Just my opinion and opinions are like assholes.. Everybodys got one, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.