Perfect Union banner

Best scope for $300

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  NY Marksman 
#1 ·
Been trying to decide which scope to buy looking at Nikon Buckmasters 4.5 x 14 x 40. Any other ideas. Want at least a 12 power my eyes are not what they used to be and may shoot up to 250 yds.

#2 ·
I like this, Mueller Optics 4.5 - 14 x 40mm APV

After reading a lot of forums and reviews, found the lowest price and paid a little over $100.

Second season hunting with it, and it's a very nice, clean scope. I hunt in the woods, in less than ideal light conditions and I've never been disappointed with the aperture. I haven't shot long distances with it, but for the money, I don't think you could do any better.

It looks like they're running about $130 with free shipping these days.

#3 ·
Redfield Revolution - just put one on my Mini...160-189 bucks depending on if you catch a sale ...I shot yesterday at the range .It was raining and overcast and the scope was bright and clear ..Lifetime warranty and made in the USA .

#6 ·
Go for the Nikon, I have a Monarch and two ProStaffs and they are hard to beat in my book.
BTW, I have always been told that if a Buck is looking at you and his antler spread is wider than his ears, you are good to go, and that is here in GA where some counties have a 15" minimum inside spread.

#7 ·
Honestly...

I really do like the Redfield scopes.
I LOVE the way they look
I love how their parent company is Leupold
Its just that there is something missing.

The glass just isn't up to par with what you would expect (my personal experience)

Just yesterday I held some binoculars of theirs. At Bass Pro Shops it was $150, 10x42 pair. Loved the look, loved the heft to them, and though the glass was good. That is until I asked to see a pair of Nikon Trailblazers. 10x42 pair, same $150 price. The glass was noticeably better.

I would go for Nikon, Leupold, or Weaver.

I think that Buckmark you are looking at is the route to go

#9 ·
Wow a 12X on a hunting rifle!!!!!!None of my big game scopes are over 4x. I have a few for varmints that run up to 12X but it's rarely ever needed. If you must have a 12X I strongly recommend getting Leupold because at that magnification you'll need very good glass. On a lower power you can get away with a cheap scope but not at that power.By the way as another person has already mentioned rack sizes are preety easy to judge. Best of luck to you. FRJ

#10 ·
You might want to look at a Burris Timberline Compact scope 4.5-14 x 32. I have one for my Henry .22 Mag. It costs under $300.00 and it has crystal clear lenses, an objectable lens that focuses down to 7 yards and it is only 11.3 inches long and weighs 15 ounces. I love this scope and it is worth every cent I paid for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.