Perfect Union banner

Sticky crosshairs

971 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  holeshot308 
#1 ·
I've got a Simmons target scope that is having "issues" with the vertical crosshair not wanting to move when you adjust it. You can tap on the turret all day long with a shell case to no avail. The crosshair will move AFTER you run 4 or 5 rounds of .308 Win. thru it so the crosshair ring's not totally locked up. Now here's the big question, can the adjustment screw for the internal ring be removed WITHOUT screwing up the scope. Seems like as long as I've been shooting I ought to know this but I've never really had many problems with my scopes. The scope's out of warranty so sending it to Bushnell's not really the resolution. I've got plenty of Kroil, just wondering how to get it in around the internal crosshair rings without losing the nitrogen or getting oil on the lens surfaces. Any ideas about how to fix this would really be appreciated.

#2 ·
Ok, after no luck on this problem from a few different sites I figured what the hell. The scope's a Simmons 6.5x20x56 and I can get another for around a hundred bucks if I screwed it up. Backed out the adjustment screws for the crosshairs and put some Kroil around the screws. Did this 4 or 5 times running the screws in and out several times. Printed out a bore sighting target from Site-Lite for 200 yards and sighted the scope back in. Both crosshairs are moving with each click and so far there's no sign of any of the Kroil showing up on the internal crosshair rings. Maybe I'll be lucky and the scope has been salvaged, just have to let the FN-FAL set in the gun vault for awhile and hope no oil shows up where it doesn't belong. Gotta LOVE that Kroil !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.