Perfect Union banner

Eotech Magnifier

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BulkAmmo 
#1 ·
I have an Eotech 512 (which I love) and am thinking about getting a magnifier for it. Eotech makes one that flips to the side, but it is over 500 bucks. I have seen cheaper ones for a good bit less; I tend to shy away from cheap though. Anyone have experience with magnifiers? I am leaning towards just biting the bullet and staying with Eotech, as it is a system designed to work together. Thanks!

#2 ·
Wow... I was really hoping that someone could help me out with this! Surely there are some amongst us with experience in this matter! Anyone buy the cheaper brands and find them inadequate?

#4 ·
I have a gen1 3x magnifier for my 512. I no longer use it as it never seemed to work that great-clarity was ok at best and it did not line up perfectly in height. I understand the gen2 is far superior.

I really like the 512 hws for speed (in my case hog hunting) but no longer try to magnify. Just keep it on a closer range gun. For the cost of a 512 and magnifier there are many low to mid range tactical scopes available that are superior to that combo IMHO.

Just my 2 cents.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info Dane! I suppose you are right. I was trying to make one gun a multi purpose 0 to 500 yard MBR. I suppose the old saying keep it simple stupid would apply here. Besides I have a Bushmaster varmiter with a scope for longer distances should I feel the need...

I could put that money towards night vision for one of my ARs!

#7 ·
I battled with the idea of using a magnifier also. My biggest issue was that the size of a 512 & magnifier was quite a bit of real estate. As to the Mako optics. I have a buddy that shoots 3 gun with me that broken his and another that shoots rarely and loves his. My test group is small but they don't seem as durable as the EoTech branded ones.

I ended up just putting my 512 on my FN shotgun. Thinking about getting that new Leupold 4x.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.