Perfect Union banner

Red Dot on a Mini 14

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  KMO 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
I dont' have a Mini anymore, but I do have a Vortex Strikefire sitting on my AR in 6.8. Took a few more rounds than I would have liked to get it zeroed, but once I did, it seems solid, and holds zero pretty well. It's got a 4 MOA dot, and I was pretty happy holding a 4-6 inch group at 100 yards at dusk on a windy day. Only downside to it is the power button location...it can be turned on while the rifle and scope are being stored/carried in a soft case. Asides from that, the sight picture is pretty good, although it narrows down quite bit using the included 2x magnifier.

#8 ·
No, I didn't use a scout mount. That particular Mini has a B-Square see-under rail on it. My latest red dot installation, however, is an Ultra Dot Match Dot mounted with Warne Quick-Detach rings. I haven't fired a single round with this latest setup yet, but I do believe I will like the lower cheek weld and the fast transition to iron sights as an option...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.