Perfect Union banner

Spotting Scope

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  arjunkie 
#1 ·
Need some recommendations for spotting scopes under $ 200 for shooting at 100-200 yds in the desert.

#2 ·
I just bought a Konus Konuspot 20-60X80. I have only used it out to 100 yards so far but the scope is crystal clear all the way out to the edges and it has been a pleasure to look through.

I was using an old Bushnell Sentry that I bought almost 20 years ago. Compared to that the Konus is larger and a little bit heavier but its not a problem. I use a Freeland stand and it supports the Konus without any shake.

I think I paid just about $200 including freight from Snake Run Sports in Pennsylvania. The scope came with a case, table size tripod, and camera adaptor. There is a wide assortment of prices available.... do your research and find the best price.

Good Luck with whatever scope you buy....

Don

#5 ·
I know this is an older thread but I want to thank Bang Bang if he is still posting.

I just ordered the Konus Konuspot 20-60X80 ($220.00) and I had been looking for a review of this and other scopes.
There are not to many reviews of scopes in the $150~250 range so most of us can not get real world ideas.
I did read a review on this scope at: KONUS Scopes
So with that and then BB's comments I ordered.

I'll up date my feelings in a couple of weeks after I have had some time with the scope.

Lateck,

#7 ·
I am thinking about this deal here, I think the spotting scope should be OK out 200m.

I was interested in the rifle scope, but heck if they want to throw in a 100-200 yard spotting scope I am good with that...6-24x60 IR SWAT Scope and Colorado Spotter - Riflescope by BARSKA

I anybody has comments G/B let me know, I am about to pop for it.

#8 ·
Maol9,
I have not read to many great things about Barska, BUT I have not heard a lot of bad either. Their cheaper scopes are not that good. As for the combo it is a Great price if the optics are half way descent. :wacko:
Let us know how it works out if you do pull the trigger.
I'm still waiting on my Konus. Will post when I test it out.

Lateck,

#10 · (Edited)
I recently bought a Barska 18-90x88 WP Benchmark and was completely blown away by its performance, features, accessories, etc..

All reviews I read were either love or hate, no middle ground. After owning it a while, I can see the haters know squat about spotting scopes and the others are well informed.

The scope is $250 MSRP, I picked mine up on EBAY for $99- shipped, that is a gift! Optics are very clear, it is waterproof, comes in a nice rugged carry case, with a soft case, cheapie benchtop tripod included. I use a SLIK tripod I had for use with cameras and that arrangement suits me best.

This is a ton of scope for the money!!!!

BARSKA 18-90x88 WP Benchmark Spotting Scope AD11334 790272981229 | eBay

I didn't care for the cheesey front lens cap, it doesn't stay put. Bought an 88mm pinch cap on ebay for 3 bucks shipped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.