Perfect Union banner

Red Dot for AK

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fourrobert85 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a red dot sight for my AK. I don't have a lot of money, but I'm not looking for an Aimpoint or Eotech either. I want something that will be able to hit a man-size target at 100 meters easily (not asking a whole lot there) and hold a zero. I don't want it to be ruined if it gets rained on, and be okay on battery life, and preferably use a common battery I can get somewhere easily. I want it to be large enough of a window so that I can still use my irons without having to take off the sight. I want it mainly for reflexive fire, and irons for longer range (100-200 meters). Any suggestions? I'd prefer a budget of $100 or less but if what I'm asking for is too much (I don't think it is), then give me some other options. My AK is 7.62x39 by the way. So are there any good red dots for reflexive fire for me? :blink:

Oh, also, would it be a bad idea to put a picatinny mounted BUIS on my AK to use instead of the stock open sights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.