Perfect Union banner

$25.00 scope fun

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HighDesertWolf 
#1 ·
I have Nikons onthe rifles that I rely on. However, if you like shooting 22 rimfire and want an inexpensive "red dot" that will shoot dead on after a few elevation and windage adjustments, get a Barska 30 mm red dot scope.
It is a 5 MOA, waterproof, shockproof, fogproof cheap POS with a 1 yr warranty. I put in on a 22 lr and as long as the sun doesn't get too bright, you can see the (hologram?) red dot at 50 yrds.
Because of the price, I don't expect much but today it was a lot of fun and performed without problems. Because of the $25.00 price, I am sure the first time it gets dropped or rained on it will be toast. Still for that kind of money, it was a blast.
We shot approximately 200 rounds with it on the 11 setting and it put the little bullets all in the bullseye. Fun for the price.

#2 ·
I like these kind of red dot scopes.
At Walmart, there is a tasco red/green dot for about 35$. It is bigger than 30mm though.

I have tore up a few of them. It seems they cannot handle recoil from a 12ga, .223, or get near moisture at all... They fog up and cease all functions after being put through my "jungle recon test" (which pretty much is being left in a ziplock bag with a few ounces of water, in a hot attic for 24 hours. it simulates pressure and humidity)

They are slo prone to damage when shot with .30 m2 ball.

#3 ·
ya i been reading reviews about the Barska red dots and for the low price they are a very good buy, and for plinking around in the woods.
i've recently just bought a Ruger 10/22 and i think that i'm going to buy a barska 50mm red dot that i found for just $20.00, and a bushnell scope to switch them out. The red dot when i'm plinking around in my back yard and the scope targets and varmit hunting

--
FENN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.