Perfect Union banner

Nikon Prostaff 3X9X40 for Mini 14

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Spikester 
#1 ·
One of my Mini's is open sights, the other I want scoped. What do you think of the $129.00 Nikon Prostaff? 1'' rings medium? Thank you in advance.

#3 ·
JV...
Man, the scope is a big as the Mini! I ordered the Matte 3X9X40 BDC Nikon today. I have a question... Did you use the scope rings (scope ring assembly,
High, 1.062 5KHM) that come with the rifle? I am thinking I might need the taller rings. Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
JV...
Got the BDC Nikon in the mail yesterday. Mounted this morning and thought
I would take both the Mini and my 7mm rem mag (scoped with a cheap simmons) to the range. It's Easter! I forgot. I am going to sight in at 100 yrds and then later see how the "bullet drop compensator" works. Longest target at the local range is 100 yrds.

#8 ·
What a nice scope. Went to the range today and started at 25 yrds. 4" low and 4" to the left. Went 32 and 32 clicks. 2" low and 2" left. Went 32 and 32 again and all three shots were centered and no more than 1/2" apart.
Next I shot at 100 yrds. Changed the magnification from 5 to 9. All three shots were in a 6" diameter. Good enough for me. Remember, it is a Ranch Rifle. I did notice that the group raised a little bit. I am not scientist but I think that is normal for the 55 grain .223 FMJ's going from 25 to 100 yrds.
Next I fired off two rounds at 25 yrds with my 7mm rem mag. Ouch. Made a couple adjustments on the scope and two more shots were dead on.
Came home and cleaned both rifles. Now I guess the rifles go up in the attic.
I don't hunt anymore so I might as well store them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.