Perfect Union banner

NcSTAR 4x30E Illuminated

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  HighDesertWolf 
#1 ·
Looking for reviews, opinions, whatever ya'll have to offer :cool:

NcSTAR Illuminated Compact Rifle Scope - 4x30E Ill.

• Description : 4x30E Ill. Red / Green / Rubber Mini 14 Scope / Rings
  • Magnification : 4x
  • Objective Dia. ( mm ) : 30.00 Tube Dia. : 30mm
  • Field Of View @ 100 Yrs ( Feet ) : 26.2
  • Eye Relief ( Inch ) : 3.00
  • Exit Pupil ( mm ) : 7.5
  • Ring Mount : Yes
  • Lens Coating : Ruby Reticle : P4 Sniper
  • N. W ( Oz. ) : 14.2
  • Length ( Inch ) : 7.48

http://www.opticsplanet.net/ncstar-...ill-red-green-rubber-mini-14-scope-rings.html

See less See more
#2 ·
I've personally never owned one, but I have done a lot of research and dug up enough dirt to say that any NcStar product is absolute crap. Kinda goes along with the whole you ge what you pay for thing. in the case of NcStar, they offer you everything but a good product. Steer clear. if you are wanting to save money, go to simmons or bushnell before NcStar.

My personal favorite scopes whne it comes to bang for your buck are Burris. My 30-06 has a Fullfield II 3-9x40 on it. I picked it up for $200. One of the best quality scopes I have used.

if money is not a huge factor, I would say go to Zeiss over leupold and if you are wanting tactical, go to Nightforce

#3 ·
Pirate Monkey is right Ncstar= crap.
What weapon are you putting the scope on. What type of shooting will you be doing. what distance will you be doing it from. With rifle optics you get what you pay for. I have 4 scopes. 2 Nikon 2 Leupold. No problems with any

#5 ·
Well I found this thread, and it answered my question!

I ordered a NcStar red dot scope a month ago, and a weaver rail mount for my M14.
They both arrived a few days ago, due to a backorder.:angry:
I installedmy rail with no problem, and then the scope. This stuff is crap, the rail is ok but the scope ring doesn't even fit the rail. If you spread the righ wide enugh to mount it on the rail, then the scope has about 1/4" of a gap around it. Not to mention that the lower ring bolt willnot fit through the rail groove. The dealer says that it has been over 30 days so he's not gonna take it back, and NcStar has not answered my email yet.

#6 ·
Bought a couple of Barska Huntsman Illuminated scopes in 4x12. Decent scopes for the price, fit fine, no problems yet. Only drawback was at the top end magnification it got a pretty crummy sight picture but otherwise was OK. Not nearly as bright and sharp as my Nikon Team Primos, however, but less than 1/3 the cost.
One wierd thing. I think Barska's just an import name, not a factory. The Barska "Euro Style" scopes look completely different than mine and every review I've read pans them, while they like the other Barskas. I'm not sure what barska line has illuminated compacts but if it looks like the Euro style forget it.

#8 ·
you are right Barska is an Importer not a factory name. But I have talked with a couple reps at the 2006 shot show and I was pretty convinced by them about how they go about choosing products to market. I ended up buying a set of 10x25 binos for 10 bucks just to try out the quality of the optics turned out to be the best 10 bucks ive ever spent they are darn good glass the clarity and quality was up there with low end nikons. I have a set of bushnell H20 10x25 and in comparison the barskas are much more crisp.

#7 ·
Well NcStar finally contacted me, and agreed to send me the proper mounting ring to fit my rail. With help from the tech dept. I figured out that the scope had been packaged wrong, and was a 3/8 dovetail ring. They will be shipping out a new ring. I was beginning to wonder, because I knew the ring didn't look right, and that even the weaver ring should fit a pict. rail. We'll just have to see how reliable it turns out being!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.