Perfect Union banner

Leupold VX-L

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  stevekaw 
#1 ·
I am wanting to put a leupold VX-L on a long range rife but is this type of scope really any better because it is lower to the barrel? I mean, long distance shooters have been shooting with scopes with scopes with circular objectives since the sport was invented, but i just want to know if it is worth the little bit of extra $ that i will have to spend, and i am willing to spend extra if i need to. the logic behind the idea seems convincing to me, but i thought i would get some more opinions on it from people on here. thanks

#2 ·
Like all Leupold's, the optics are excellent. But no more than their other, traditional designs.

The benefit of the VX-L is the ability to mount this type of scope closer to the stock because of the crescent cut-out so that you can obtain a better, more consistent cheek weld without sacrificing size of the objective (light-gathering ability).

Better cheek weld usually results in more consistent groups...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.