Perfect Union banner

Bushnell Holosight

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  SevenMM 
#1 ·
Have any of you guys used one of these? If so, how do you like it? How does it compare to a Eotech? I am thinking of buying one for my AR, and would like opinions, good and bad. Thanks.

#2 ·
Gunman, I have not used one. However, I have investigated them, and here's what a strong majority of the people I've talked to that have tried one have told me. They wish they would have just spent the money to get the optic they really wanted in the first place.

Let's face it, for AR's today, if you want a holograhic or red-dot style optic, there are basically 3 names that people in the services and LE agencies use: Trijicon, Aimpoint, and Eotech. I think that if you research among those, and get the one that most closely fits what you're looking for, you're much likelier to be happy with the outcome than if you get the Bushnell. It's POSSIBLE you'll be happy with the Bushnell, but I've always been of the opinion that with optics more than with other areas, it's not a good idea to cut corners. That's just my 2 bits, good luck with your purchase.

#3 ·
from http://perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56927

I have an EOTech 512 with 1 MOA dot and love it.
http://eotech-inc.com/index2.php

If you consider one of this type, EOTech makes the Bushnell Holosight and it's basically the same as the EOTech base 511 model.

My understanding is they have the same optics. Differences are the Bushnell is not submersible (only waterproof), does not have the better battery life version, and does not have the reinforced frame. But it's about $100 cheaper because of these differences.

#4 ·
love my bushnell

im a huge fan of the holoscope myself. I wanted something fast enough to pickup a running rabbit and thats what i got. Ive used everything in the category over the years and these are tops,even over the acogs. the question is, do you go with the Eotech or goloscope

#5 ·
They were made for Bushnell by Eotech, but are no longer being offered. You'd be better off getting an Eotech that's currently being offered.

#6 ·
They still make them in camo. I have 3, one on my mini 14, one on my Colt AR. They are very fast for shooting coyotes. I like the large outer circle when they are close, don't even use the center 1" dot. I am not sure if the dot on the Eotech is a true 1 incher, I'm thinking 3 or 4 inch. I can hit crows at 100 yards with the Bushnell. They are now currently made in camo, my dealer cost is $219 on them. I'd go with it and use the money saved for ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.