Perfect Union banner

Who makes good QD rings to fit the Mini?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  timlt 
#1 ·
Hello.

I recently purchased one of the new production Minis, used, and while it is off at my gunsmith's, getting the bob-to-16"-and-flash-suppressor treatment and then Parkerizing, I am contemplating putting optics on it. My preference is QD rings of good quality that will return to zero, if any are available that fit the Mini's integral bases and are high enough to clear the new non-folding rear sight.

I know that various vendors are selling a length of Picatinny rail that bolts onto those bases, but it interferes with fieldstripping the rifle (apparently the bolt has to come out the top), which is a dealbreaker for me.

I'm considering a Weaver 1-3x variable. Any comments on these? I've heard a lot of Three-Gun shooters use them and they seem to hold up very well under even extremely heavy use. I'm also considering an IOR M2, if I can find a used one cheap, though this would require 30mm rings.

Lastly, if I put glass on one of the new Minis, which will apparently require much taller rings, will I need a cheekrest?

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry I cannot answer all your questions here, but on the QD thing, Warne used to make some rings for the Ruger bases that are acknowledged as being really good quality. But I wonder if they were discontinued; I can't seem to find any in stock. You might check around a bit, perhaps on Ebay, for the Warne quick detachable rings for the Mini-14.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.