Perfect Union banner

Counterfeit Leupold Scopes

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  woodchuckssuck 
#1 ·
Leupold is reporting that they're seeing large numbers of counterfeit scopes (mainly Mark 4s), primarily sold on eBay, that are coming from China.

Good presentation on their website showing what to look for: http://www.leupold.com/Counterfeit_2006_Sales.ppt.

Buyer beware!

#2 ·
This was bound to happen, once Leupold caved in and sold to Walmart. They moved some of their production to China, and voila!, counterfeit scopes.

Every company that has moved some production to China has been counterfeited. I must say that sounds like corporate karma to me.

Jon

#4 ·
I have a "copy" of a leupold mark 4 3.5-10xSF scope. it doesnt claim to be a leupold anywhere, though. In fact the up/down adjustment is backwards, so i have to turn it opposite of what it says.

has been the third best scope as far as adjustments go, behind a sightron (best) and bushnell 3200 (second best) It also looks pretty killer with butler creek flip up scope caps on my 10/22 with ruger laminated target stock and fluted stainless bull barrel! Optics are OK, but adjustments are right on from what little ive used it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.