Perfect Union banner

Why does'nt any scope manufactures make different colored reticles than red and green

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  BuffDragon 
#1 · (Edited)
I was looking at my illuminated reticle rifle scopes and wondering why with all of the technology available nowadays why the rifle scope manufactures have'nt marketed at least one scope with variable color illuminated reticles?All that I have seen in the past is red/green and usually on cheaper made scopes.They are able to put multiple light intensity adjustments,and on the holographicsights-multiple reticles and dot sizes.So why not multiple colors?After all-LEDs come in more colors than red/green.Hey scope makers-let's see some blue,yellow,violet,orange!!!Would work well for varying light conditions in my book.Just look @ the different colored shooting glasses available!And the different colored front sight inserts!There must be something to it.:eek:

#9 · (Edited)
:lol: looks green like a frog's butt to me....:lol:
btw-puce looks like puke from that cheap wine I had the other night.:eek:

#12 ·
:lol: That's what I've been talking about-being able to turn the selector switch on the scope to another color .:lol: ;)

#18 ·
if I was going to guess, I'd say its because they're picking a single color that will be seen on most backgrounds/targets you would encounter.

also, illumination is more for low light issues to help pick up the crosshairs, not so much to see them any better/worse during normal conditions.

the technology is there (see fiber optic christmas trees) but I dont see a whole lot of actual demand, other than novelty, to produce something with color changing reticles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.