Perfect Union banner

22 scope???

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Krustypuff 
#1 ·
I am looking to put a good scope on my ruger 10-22. i just put a carbon fiber bull barrel on it and a new trigger group. I will use the rifle for samll game hunting as well as varmit shooting. Possible to reach out and try to do some long range shoots with it to see how far can resonable be shot with accuracy. So my q is what is a good all round scope with out dropping a mint for the 22??????

#2 ·
I replied in the 10-22 forum on this, but encase you missed it.......

Hey Krustypuff

I put a Nikon Prostaff 2-7 x32 on my 10/22T. I love it. It is an amazingly clear scope, great light gathering for a small objective, and zoom is perfect for squirrel hunting up to paper at 100-150 yards. It was $160 I think.

As for the cheapo scopes....for me anyway....no more, not ever again. Granted, some $50 scopes some are complete junk, and some seem decent, but in the end, they all really are junk. My $.02

#3 ·
Check out BSA's Sweet 22. My brother has the Sweet 17 on his Savage bolt action with accutrigger and it's a very nice scope. The bullet drop compensator turret is pretty much dead on also. There was a pretty good write up in the April edition of Guns. The author was shooting a softball sized target at 200yds using the BDC of the scope.

#4 ·
I put a Nikon Pro Staff on my 10-22 also, but went with the straight 4 power. While variable is nice, I have found over the years that I mostly end up on 4 power anyway. Very clear optics and a nice balanced look on the 10-22. Either way, the Nikon's are nice scopes if you are in the market for an "inexpensive" scope. I found it on the internet for $90 delivered.

#5 ·
I went with the bsa sweet .22 I was going to go with bushnell 6-18x40 but i couldnt find any target knobs for it. And the bsa had a target knob as well as 3 knobfor dif weight bullets, so we will see how it does mounting it and going to the range tonight to test it out.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.