Perfect Union banner

Zoom Scope Help

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Der Verge 
#1 ·
I need some help, I recently put a 3-9 zoom scope on my AR. When laser boresighting, i set the scope to the highest magnification per the instructions and was surprised to see my laser in the low right quadrant of the scope.

Alas turning the windage and elevation knobs to their extreme accomplished only a slight adjustment of the laser.

Now on a lower magnification like 3-6 i can center the laser with no problem

So here's the question what is the deal with zoom scopes how do i sight this sucker so i dont send a round to who knows where the next time i get in some range time
thx

#2 ·
Actually, what you are trying to do is move the crosshairs of the scope to the center point of the laser dot. At what distance are you focusing the laser? I've noticed that if I try to point the laser at an object that is only 20 or 30 feet away then I will have the same problems. I Usually wait till dark, shine the laser on something 75 to 100 yds away and it makes it an easy process. Usually gets me to within a couple of inches at 100 yds when I finally get to the range.

#5 ·
You could, but your point of impact should not change as you change the magnification of the scope. You more than likely have a bad scope, and if that is the case, you can zero at a given power and leave it there, but it will not stay zeroed long. Do the vice test above. If the scope is bum, get rid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.