Perfect Union banner

Weaver Kaspa 3-9X40 flip up covers

10K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RJF 
#1 ·
I bought a Savage Axis II XP in .223 a while back and it came with the subject scope. I am now interested in flip-up covers for it.

I wrote to Weaver, since their web site indicated flip up covers, asking for clarity. The response I got back was:

"Thank you for your inquiry. I'm sorry but Weaver Optic no longer makes accessory lens covers. We recommend products from the Butler Creek Company at www.butler-creek.com. The Kaspa 3-9X40 objective has an outside objective diameter of 1.910" and the eye piece is 1.492".

JR
Weaver Technical Services
"

1.910" equals 48.5mm
1.492" equals 37.9mm

Butler Creek flip up covers for sale at Midway (Butler Creek Flip-Up Rifle Scope Cover Objective (Front)) show various sizes, none of which match exactly the above dimensions.

For example, the Obj lens OD from Weaver indicates 48.5mm, B/C size #28 is 48.0mm and size #29 is 48.7mm.

The eye piece OD from Weaver indicates 37.9mm. B/C size #9 is 37.7mm and size #10 is 38.1mm.

Looking for advice, since I have no idea how flexible they are in mounting. Will a size #29 (48.7mm) cover be loose on a 48.5mm objective) and will a size #10 (38.1mm) be loose on a 37.9mm eye piece? Or should I go "smaller" and hope they stretch out enough to fit?

If anyone has gotten B/C flip-ups for the Weaver Kaspa 3-9X40, I would very much appreciate your experience.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks! Tried that, all I got was a snail-mail address and a phone number. I guess I'll have to do the old-fashioned technique of actually talking to a person!

I have also looked at Vortex flip-ups and may go with them instead. Better size range for both ocular and objective ends, and seem to be flexible enough.

Size #4: 35-40mm OD (for ocular, which is 37.9mm)
Size #6: 46-55mm OD (for objective, which is 48.5mm)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.