Perfect Union banner

TRS-25 Emitter

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lemur Man 
#1 ·
Hi Guys and Galls!!

I apologize if this has been brought up or if I'm repeating this but I recently got my first red dot. Bushnell TRS-25. Read a lot of good reviews on it and have shot with it a handful of times with it on my Ruger Mini Thirty. I'm curious about the emitter tho. Please see the attached photo. Is the emitter supposed to intrude that much into the field of view?? I've seen other photos of the sight but hadn't noticed the emitter before. Just wondering if the one I have is made properly and if this is normal. Trying to get it to lower third co-witness with my irons. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yours looks to be about the same as the 2 I have. I'm not using them on the mini's anymore. But I'm pretty sure I had a 1/3rd cowitness with a trs-25 on my 581 series with an ultimak rail. I swapped them both out for a holosun and a primary arms micro dot when my one trs-25 stopped working properly.

#3 ·
I just placed an order for the Primary Arms Micro Dot (Gen6 / MD-FBGII). Should be in in a few days. Gonna make some measurements and comparisons. Figure if it gives me a better 1/3 co-witness, I can move the TRS-25 over to my Benelli Supernova shotgun. Do you like your PA Micro Dot better than the Bushnell?? And what do you think of the HoloSun?? Are you able to co-witness with that one too?? Which model did you get??

#4 ·
That picture looks about normal, every TRS 25 that I have seen has a fairly prominant bump at about 5 o'clock, where the emitter is attached by a glob of glue. Seems like I have seen something on Bushnells website about that before, but I couldn't find it just now, to post a link. They are about the only cheap sight that I have messed with that has been anygood. Although most of mine sit on 10/22's now, I have used them on Ar15's and Saiga Rifles without destroying them. You can often find them online new for under $90.

#6 ·
Sorry for the late response. Personally I like my PA micro dot over the TRS-25. To me it looks better and it dosent have that blue tint to the lense. But it does sit up higher and won't cowitness. My Holosun is the HS403A and I love it aside from it sits to high to cowitness and I can't change the mount.

#7 ·
I will say that personally the PA Micro dot and the holosun are both awesome red dots for the price. I'm hoping that the holosun model with the side battery compartment will accept T1 mounts because I would love to have one if it did. I'm very disappointed in the mount on my Aimpoint micro, it comes loose no matter what after 2-3 mags from my M1A. I have never had that issue with any of the other 3 red dots and they have all had much more use then the Aimpoint. But I hear that is normal for the factory mount

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.