Perfect Union banner

Nikon Scope Warranty

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Turn4811 
#1 ·
I have been pretty upbeat about my Nikon Scopes in several reviews here and elsewhere. I finally had one break so I started in with the warranty process. Here is the warranty as it was presented when I purchased the Scope.

At Nikon, we believe the best warranty is one you'll never have to use. For this reason, we crafted the Nikon Lifetime Full Warranty, which provides confidence on those rare occasions when something goes wrong. If any Nikon riflescope is found to have defects in workmanship or materials, we will, at our option, repair or replace it at no charge, even if you are not the original owner. No time limit applies and no warranty card is required.

Nikon Inc. warranties and no-fault policy cover products marketed and sold in the U.S.A. only. For complete details visit Nikonsportoptics.com

Lifetime, No Warranty Card, Don't need to be the original owner, which implies no original purchase receipt.

So I go to the website to return the scope and the terms are a little different.

Please note to obtain warranty service you will be required to provide a copy of your receipt and warranty card.

Oh, and I will be paying shipping both ways as well.
Fortunately I found the receipt and saved the box with the warranty card, but this is definitely not the way the warranty was presented. Looks like Vortex or Leupold will be my new optics company of choice. The warranty was a huge selling point.

Hope this helps someone in making a more informed choice.

I will follow up with how the actual problem is handled by Nikon Service.

See less See more
#3 ·
Warranty follow up

Final update.

Nikon returned the scope and it arrived 6/30. I did not have to pay the return shipping. Total time without scope was 20 days.
I receive a brand new in the box scope with all the goodies. Nikon certainly did not skimp and delivered more than just a replacement scope.

Less than three weeks door to door is very good service in my estimation. I was expecting 4 to 6 weeks.
Although i was initially miffed that the warranty terms had apparently changed, nikon did deliver very good service in a timely manner.
If you can keep track of your receipts and don't mind doing so i would say that nikon 's service is very good.

I am satisfied and nikon did a good job on after sale service.

#4 ·
Final update.

I am satisfied and nikon did a good job on after sale service.
Did Nikon provide a new warranty card and receipt with the new scope so this one can be returned when it dies?:rolleyes: Just kidding

I have 2 Nikons and I had to return one of them shortly after I got it and they replaced it with same size but a higher end scope. No receipt or warranty card was required back in the 80's but I did have to pay the shipping to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.