For Sale - Parts Parts (not complete firearms!) for SALE OR TRADE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 17:48   #1
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

WTS M1918 BAR checkered forarms. . .

Howdy everyone, I just received the first batch of M1918 Checkered repro forarms from my stock guy. Over all I am pretty pleased with them. The difference between these and the other repro forarm that is the
checkering is correct on these. The checkering is cut with the correct profile tool, and wraps around the bottom, true to the original.

This is a copy of my Winchester forarm, and unbeknownst to me, the shop who has done the repro filled in all my little dents with Bondo (no problem, I can dig them out when I get it back, a little linseed oil and good as new) BUT they tore up my checkering when they were following it with the carving machine stylus.

I have finished two forarms, one as a high wall WWI style forarm, one as a early WWII A2 'Modified' forarm and the more oil I rub in the better they look! As all gun wood that are in the white these will require sanding, and some fitting (both stocks I finished required a little work to get them to fit snug, both took less than 15 mins of work with some small files and sandpaper).

This is a limited run, we have ordered 25, 9 are spoken for, so only 16 left. I can deliver these in in the white to the continental US for $168 total.
I am offering two options:

1) I can cut it down to Modified A2 early WWII specs for an extra $50, that includes profiling and cutting the heat shield slots
2) I can sand and finish your forarm with linseed oil, just like a military one would have been finished for an extra $60. If you want it finished it will take about three extra weeks.

George in NC
Junkyardslug@Hotmail.com

More photos at link below:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a347/J.../BAR%20Forarm/

Junkyard Slug is offline   Reply With Quote