Perfect Union banner

Interesting barrel modification

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  faawrenchbndr 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I'd be happy as a clam if someone would make a medium weight short-chambered Mini barrel that doesn't cost as much as the rifle I'm installing it on. I'm talking a barrel that isn't just fat in front of the gas block. Why can I buy Criterion Garand barrels for $200 all day long but no decent Mini barrels?

#4 ·
I'm not real sure how a tension sleeve like that would work with the gas block in the middle, like Chilly says. But I know tensioned barrels are a very accurate means of achieving bull barrel stiffness with minimum weight - in rimfire, Magnum Research and Volquartsen are very popular.

#6 ·
I received the following reply back from Teludyne:

John:

Thanks for the email, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately we do not do the Mini 14 and it looks like that gun is going to stay in its present form for a while. Sorry, believe you me, I want mine done as well, but we just can't see how to do it right now. But thanks for asking and give us a chance to do one of your other guns, you won't regret it. Keep in touch.

Good Shooting,

Mark

Mark A. Roth

President and CEO

Teludyne Tech Industries, Inc.

1018 South Batesville Road 3-D

Greer, South Carolina 29650

P-864-334-5300

F-864-334-5302

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.