Perfect Union banner

any interest in a mini 14 stripper guide?

32K views 179 replies 70 participants last post by  ffulmer 
#1 ·
thinking about doing a run of these "receiver mounted" stripper guides. wondering if it would be worth it.

i have a minor bug to work out in the final version but nothing insurmountable.

???

See less See more
#86 ·
I do have an SKS and if you do not know how to load the strip, is very difficult to do I do have a loader for my mini 14 that is like an strip and I use mainly 20 load mags and when I load it I have to push the leveler hard in to the mag. So I do not know how this idea will work. It could be very hard to do.

#87 ·
I still want one or two of these Mini-14 receiver mounted clip guides

SKS - Certain ammo does not strip well. I find the Chinese steel case surplus with lacquer(?) coating strips very smoothly. Some East European steel case surplus with a copper wash is very difficult to strip.

The SKS clips themselves vary - some are quite smooth and others have a rough parkerized finish.

I've not run out of the steel case stuff so someone else will have to comment on brass cased 7.62x39.

I've used stripper clips on occasion when I had an M1A and with various military bolts: 98, 03, Enfields and Arisakas. There is, as you and others have mentioned earlier, a certain technique to using stripper clips.

The Mauser style is the smoothest - when I was shooting a 03 I used Swedish 96 Mauser clips as they worked smoother than the original 03 strippers. The British .303 can be difficult but when you get good clips or polish the contact services they work very well.

The 10rd .30 carbine and 5.56 strippers can be sticky at times.

Check the rates of fire well-drilled Commonwealth troops executed with Lee-Enfields and No.4s using stripper clips during WW1 and WW2 - truly amazing.

YMMV

#99 ·
Good! I want one, I hope you are making a bunch cuz they're gonna go fast.

Going to be very popular in CA.

Are they aluminum or steel? I never saw an answer to this question. Must have missed it somewhere.

Randy

#103 ·
I have urged you several times to make this happen ASAP, and it is looking like your ship has sailed.

I just got home from the SHOT Show in Las Vegas and I saw several iterations of the stripper clip guide for the Mini 14.

One was being made by a large company that makes scope mounts and accessories for M1's M14/M1A's and Mini 14's. Another was being produced by another company that does the same basic thing, for the same guns. These are both well established and well known companies and have many products already out there.

One of them was a simple guide like yours. The other used both front and rear attachment points with an offset bridge between them and even had a section of Picatinny Rail sticking out over the hand guard about 3" to mount a Red dot sight.

What you need to take away from this post is that there are people just like us who own machine shops and are always looking for new things to produce. They are paid to crawl forums looking for new ideas, and they probably aren't going to be making their presence known.

Being knocked off can only be thwarted by getting into the market first with the most, since a patent will not stop anything even if you have one in place or applied for. I know this well as it has happened to me several times and when you have a look at how much money you lost it is not a pretty picture.

Neither of these outfits has started advertising these new products yet, but being introduced at SHOT is a serious indicator that they will soon so you still have a little opportunity to get it out there.

I would highly suggest approaching Brownell's and Midway USA as the other outfits already sell other products thru those outlets.

I told you in an earlier post that you needed to be setting up for a 1000 piece run.

I was actually serious.

Randy

#104 ·
I have urged you several times to make this happen ASAP, and it is looking like your ship has sailed.

I just got home from the SHOT Show in Las Vegas and I saw several iterations of the stripper clip guide for the Mini 14................................

Randy
That was a kick in the nuts! But still are you going to start production? Looiking forward to this :)

#107 ·
"The fact other manufacturers are developing similar products just validates the market is there. "

This is the whole point.

However the market is limited in size. It's not like a product for an AR.

He has a window of opportunity.

I have sat on ideas in the past only to see them materialize under someone else's name, and believe me the feeling sucks outright.

I have been in product development for the last 30 years. I have had exactly 2! that have made it out of literally hundreds of ideas.

One of them got ripped off, and that was the one that cost me $5million. There was no way I could have prevented it, and there was no way I could do anything about it.

I didn't actually lose anything, however I didn't make the $5 million, which depending on how you look at it, is just like losing it.

Believe me when I say, I laid awake many a night plotting my revenge,,, which never came to fruition either.

Avoid Future Regret and get off your arse. You have got enough support here to pay for the first run.

All you have to do is produce something!

Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.