Perfect Union banner

Series 582 mini 14

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  COBrien 
#1 ·
Anyone actually use a see thru rail/site base that allows use of stock iron sites? Mine is bone stock except for a sling. I would like to mount a red dot, but still have use of irons at same time.
Have an older 184 series with all the goodies.

#2 ·
To me, the best functioning and looking option is to replace the Ruger handguard with an Ultimak rail. Very low and very slick. Another option is this forward rail that replaces the top of the gas block.

I forget who makes them, but ASI sells them. Look most of the way down on their Mini 14 page.

#4 ·
Another option is this forward rail that replaces the top of the gas block.

I forget who makes them, but ASI sells them. Look most of the way down on their Mini 14 page.
That'd be the Ranch Products Scout Mount. They're currently not producing them for the tapered-barrel Minis (been working on a "prototype" with them for a year now...:wacko:), but they can be modified fairly easily...

(For the record, that photo was taken right after I'd installed it, but before I re-aligned the mount -- it's not crooked any more :lol:)

I'd recommend purchasing one directly through Ranch Products -- it's even cheaper than buying from MidwayUSA (and a damn sight less expensive than what ASI wants for them). That is, of course, if you're wanting a forward-mounted optic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.