Perfect Union banner

Butler Creek vs Choate Folding for Mini

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tyrantresister 
#1 ·
Trying to decide on one ......and realised, they may be substatially different in weight.

I emailed both, and, of course, next day, got Choates reply (as CMT is NOT part of a multi faceted conglomerat)

Choate, from the factory, no ruger metal on it, is 2 lb, 4oz.

Can anyone that has one tell me the exact weight of a BC folder, preferably stainless, without stock reinforcement, or the forend liner?

Any help would be appreciatted, thanks !!!

#2 ·
This is from Amazon. It's shipping weight is 3.7 lbs, not sure if that is just the stock weight or total package weight. Had a SS on mine until I moved to Ca. Loved it and I didn't notice it being heavier than the factory wood. Solidly built and locks up tight folded and unfolded.

Product Details

Product Dimensions: 21 x 6.5 x 2.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 3.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
ASIN: B0014VRYHQ
Item model number: MC-S

#4 ·
Trying to decide on one ......and realised, they may be substatially different in weight.

I emailed both, and, of course, next day, got Choates reply (as CMT is NOT part of a multi faceted conglomerat)

Choate, from the factory, no ruger metal on it, is 2 lb, 4oz.

Can anyone that has one tell me the exact weight of a BC folder, preferably stainless, without stock reinforcement, or the forend liner?

Any help would be appreciatted, thanks !!!
The stainless B.C. weighs 2 5/8 lbs. on my postal scale. A factory wood stock weighs 2 lbs even.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.