Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 20:01   #1
Points: 7,291, Level: 56 Points: 7,291, Level: 56 Points: 7,291, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

ASI Gen 1 Tuneable Gas Block Quesiton

Quick question for those of you that might know.

I received my mag release in the mail today (AMAZING!!) which prompted me to break down my whole mini and take a good look at what I want to do to it. I have was having serious issues with cycling the last time I was shooting it/working on it (years ago), and I think I may have just found the issue. It would appear that I lost the bushing at some point and jerry rigged something to fit in there that obviously wasn't working.

So, does anyone know if the Gen 1 ASI blocks take a standard bushing (old style pencil barrel)? I would just go on Midway and order one right now, but I want to make sure that the factory bushings they sell would be long enough for the ASI block.

I just shot off an email to ASI, but from past experience they have been rather slow at emailing back, so I figured it would be worth dropping a line here to see if anyone might know. Thanks!
bobgengeskahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08   #2
#1 true dumb M-F'ing SOB
Points: 9,051, Level: 64 Points: 9,051, Level: 64 Points: 9,051, Level: 64
Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by bobgengeskahn View Post
Quick question for those of you that might know.

I received my mag release in the mail today (AMAZING!!) which prompted me to break down my whole mini and take a good look at what I want to do to it. I have was having serious issues with cycling the last time I was shooting it/working on it (years ago), and I think I may have just found the issue. It would appear that I lost the bushing at some point and jerry rigged something to fit in there that obviously wasn't working.

So, does anyone know if the Gen 1 ASI blocks take a standard bushing (old style pencil barrel)? I would just go on Midway and order one right now, but I want to make sure that the factory bushings they sell would be long enough for the ASI block.

I just shot off an email to ASI, but from past experience they have been rather slow at emailing back, so I figured it would be worth dropping a line here to see if anyone might know. Thanks!
I've found your best bet is calling ASI -- their emails run slow.

That being said, I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but I don't see why it shouldn't take an OE GPB -- I'd think that's what they were designed around.