Perfect Union banner

30 round Ruger mags out of spec

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  para_bellum 
#1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought two original Ruger 30 round magazines. I was led to believe that Ruger build them like tanks, but I seem to have gotten two run over by tanks.

With a pair of calipers I see the width of the magazine varying by about four millimeters, narrowing towards the middle. That is just enough for the follower to stop at 16 - 17 rounds. I didn't notice this narrowing until I tried loading them up, about a week after they arrived.

I have thrown away all the packaging so I have no chance of retuning them now. I'm toying with the idea of trying to open them up and fixing them myself, but I'm open to suggestions.

#5 · (Edited)
Ya give em a call. I'm currently in the middle of figuring out if my rifle is bad or I really did get 2 bad Ruger factory mags. I called em and was really helpful. Told me to send my mags in and they'll give me replacements. Reading your thread has me believing it's more the mags than my rifle now.

#7 ·
Ruger does not make 30 rounder for the mini 30. However, there are aftermarket mags out there but I do not personal experience with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.