Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 05:25   #76
Wil
Points: 16,222, Level: 81 Points: 16,222, Level: 81 Points: 16,222, Level: 81
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

There was an excellent article in my new American Rifleman mag concerning the top Seal sniper with 160 confirmed kills.

These guys are all wanting to go to bigger calibers for stopping power. Its quite common, he says, to find needle tracks on dead insurgents from drug use. It takes more to drop these living zombies I would imagine.

Its a good article.

And if you aren't a member of the NRA, well, shame on you. I hate all the flyers and political bs, but its a numbers count thing to show the politicians how many voters there are in the group.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 17:35   #77
Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Wil View Post
There was an excellent article in my new American Rifleman mag concerning the top Seal sniper with 160 confirmed kills.

These guys are all wanting to go to bigger calibers for stopping power. Its quite common, he says, to find needle tracks on dead insurgents from drug use. It takes more to drop these living zombies I would imagine.

Its a good article.

And if you aren't a member of the NRA, well, shame on you. I hate all the flyers and political bs, but its a numbers count thing to show the politicians how many voters there are in the group.
Needing bigger calibers makes perfect sense. The heavier the slug the more retained energy and therefore the better the terminal ballistics. I remember years ago reading an article by Craig Boddington. In it he mentioned that the .375 H&H magnum and the 45-70 government kill well beyond, and far better, than what their paper ballistics suggest.

The reason ,I believe is that they are so big in diameter. A 45-70 doesn't need to expand to leave a huge wound channel and neither does the .375. The 45-70 with it's big wide met plate causes a serious amount of shock even at 1300 fps. Penetration actually decreases above 1600 fps.

They both penetrate in feet not inches and at low velocity as well. The problem is they are both short range weapons and kick like the devil when they are loaded hot. Neither one would be of use at close range in a war zone since they would pummel the shooter into submission in a very short amount of time.

And yes, I do know that the 45-70 was the military round way back when. Those guys were far tougher than we are I think. I can't imagine firing a 45-70 with a 500 grain bullet all day long or 100 times in a row in a battle.

If they are forced to use non-expanding bullets over in Iraq it makes sense that they aren't getting the killing power they need therefore they should be using .30 caliber at a minimum. But the then there is the problem with recoil and the weight of the ammunition.
trvlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 17:49   #78
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by star View Post
And why do you need more accounts? Sounds very trollish to me.....Most sites would ban you just for admitting that but not at the good ol' PU were rules are optional.
I made several accounts to try and sort out who's passing rumors now will you take the bitching about me to the appropiate thread or you don't care if I ignore you too ?

~I used to be a master troll like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee....

~Don't meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste nice with Ketchup!
Drache Teufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 17:52   #79
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by trvlr22 View Post
Needing bigger calibers makes perfect sense. The heavier the slug the more retained energy and therefore the better the terminal ballistics. I remember years ago reading an article by Craig Boddington. In it he mentioned that the .375 H&H magnum and the 45-70 government kill well beyond, and far better, than what their paper ballistics suggest.

The reason ,I believe is that they are so big in diameter. A 45-70 doesn't need to expand to leave a huge wound channel and neither does the .375. The 45-70 with it's big wide met plate causes a serious amount of shock even at 1300 fps. Penetration actually decreases above 1600 fps.

They both penetrate in feet not inches and at low velocity as well. The problem is they are both short range weapons and kick like the devil when they are loaded hot. Neither one would be of use at close range in a war zone since they would pummel the shooter into submission in a very short amount of time.

And yes, I do know that the 45-70 was the military round way back when. Those guys were far tougher than we are I think. I can't imagine firing a 45-70 with a 500 grain bullet all day long or 100 times in a row in a battle.

If they are forced to use non-expanding bullets over in Iraq it makes sense that they aren't getting the killing power they need therefore they should be using .30 caliber at a minimum. But the then there is the problem with recoil and the weight of the ammunition.
Finally someone who comprehends what I was trying to say. But yes there lye the problem of heavy ammo. I think thats what the .300 blackout was being marketed towards. A cqb 30 caliber projectile with less weight.

~Don't meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste nice with Ketchup!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:30   #80
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Yea I'm parnoid to the hilt, just can't help it.... (sarcasm) I was asked by someone why you two keep posting BS about me on all the threads and was informed some people had recieved a pm about me. Being's your going public about it then fine just keep it obivous what your trying to do. As far as high post counts there are no rules against it and only one person had an issue with me besides you and jeff because once again Jeff convinced him I'm on here to piss people off. You can go around reading my post all you want but I am not getting sucked into you guys BS again I won't do it. You complaining about me being a bigger man just shows that you want an argument, you want a fight. I am not on here for that. I am on here to learn, and help others if I can and express my opinions whether or not someone want's to take that personal I have no control over. I am not attacking anyone directly if I say something about a gun I do not like that is not an attack on a person. I used to not like GLOCKS but guess what Ive been thinking about a GLOCK 20 lately. Everyone has opinions whether their right or wrong they should not be attacked personally. I apologize for the antics I did before I shouldnt of stuped so low but it wasn't brought on by choice. If you or anyone else don't want to except and maybe apologize for your side of it fine, but I ask you to please stop bitching on every thread about me its quite annoying and I don't do it about you two. I'm sure whether people agree with you about me or not are gonna get sick of the constant bitching. I would it leads to nothing. I'm here to post/chat etc there are no rules on number of post per day that I'm aware of. If there was I'd assume it cut you off. Sometimes I might not get on here for 2 or 3 months so it ain't a big deal. Now I'll ask you one more time is this gonna end or do I have to ignore you ?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:17   #81
Points: 18,776, Level: 86 Points: 18,776, Level: 86 Points: 18,776, Level: 86
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Didn't you say you were going to ignore him about one thousand pages ago?

Man, I get so tired of the drama on this site anymore. It used to be such a civil place to share information on the Mini platform.
bwraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 15:53   #82
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by bwraven View Post
Didn't you say you were going to ignore him about one thousand pages ago?

Man, I get so tired of the drama on this site anymore. It used to be such a civil place to share information on the Mini platform.
No it was Jeff I said it too star just got back on yesterday he too keeps it going sorry it is ridiculous I try to make things right I'd like to not ignore them because I see some of there post on some threads has good knowledge but they just will not let it go I'm sorry on my part but they will not just pm me and leave the threads clean, for whatever reason.
Old 06-21-2012, 15:57   #83
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

I am awaiting a response to see whether or not its going to end and if not I will set them on ignore, hopefully it will end without that, either way once I get my response (formal or informal,good or bad) you won't see me posting the the drama anymore. Again Sorry.