Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 14:26   #26
#1 true dumb M-F'ing SOB
Points: 9,024, Level: 63 Points: 9,024, Level: 63 Points: 9,024, Level: 63
Activity: 20.9% Activity: 20.9% Activity: 20.9%
Last Achievements

I didn't see where anyone dealt with this directly (and if you did, I apologize), but the OP stated that the new Minis have "integral Weaver bases." They don't.

They do have integral Ruger-designed mounts for scope rings, a pair of which is provided with each rifle. And a couple of companies are producing better scope rings for the Ruger mounts (Warne, in particular, comes to mind), some of which are quick-detachable, allowing a change from optics to irons in seconds, with no loss of zero.
Old 04-29-2012, 16:10   #27
Points: 1,318, Level: 20 Points: 1,318, Level: 20 Points: 1,318, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

i have always felt that the mini14 is best served with irons.

To put into perspective, here's a target from an old pencil barrel 196 mini. I JUST installed the mo-reaper, so i went today to go ahead and sight it in and make sure it worked.

Here's @ 25 yards from a sitting non-rested position (range doesn't allow standing fire)

There's a few stringers (4 count) but i can't be certain that was the gun's fault, or me for being a crappy shot. I do know a few times while firing i got nailed right in the head by the guy next to me with his casings. But let's just call it user error.

This was with cheap russian steel tulammo .223

mods I have are as follows:
accu-strut
Mo-reaper
williams WGRS rear sight
choate ventilated handguard

I fired a total of around 200 rounds today, and this was AFTER i dumped around 80 (two 20 round mags, and four 10 round mags).

I want to say this shot group was about three mags worth, so maybe 30 rounds.

My 20 round pre-ban mags are super unreliable and i had a few double feeds and a couple of failure to feeds, so i dumped them and went straight for the john masen 10 rounders. No malfunctions on the john masen 10 rounders, so i might just retire my 20 rounders utnil i can repair them.

anyway, nothing to really brag about - but again i am not a very good shot and it was still much improved over when it was bone stock. I can tell you after 30 rounds the gun would shoot all over the place with no consistency whatsoever.

i was also very pleased with the mo-reaper's new sight (factory single-unprotected blade sucks)

POI was a little left, so i made adjustments but the guy to my left started shooting my target so i didn't keep it to show.
Cali196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 20:43   #28
Redleg
Points: 4,096, Level: 40 Points: 4,096, Level: 40 Points: 4,096, Level: 40
Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2%
Last Achievements

Well, I had no notion that this thread would turn into such a monster. Thank you all for your excellent comments.

I ended up getting both. Specifically, a Ruger SR556E for the AR side, and this coming Monday I pick up my new wood stock blued-version Mini 14.

Really like the way the SR556E handles and shoots.

Can't wait to get the Mini to the range.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05   #29
Redleg
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by COBrien View Post
I didn't see where anyone dealt with this directly (and if you did, I apologize), but the OP stated that the new Minis have "integral Weaver bases." They don't.

They do have integral Ruger-designed mounts for scope rings, a pair of which is provided with each rifle. And a couple of companies are producing better scope rings for the Ruger mounts (Warne, in particular, comes to mind), some of which are quick-detachable, allowing a change from optics to irons in seconds, with no loss of zero.
You are exactly correct. This was my mistake (and that of the guy at my local gun store.)
Old 06-20-2012, 08:46   #30
Points: 11,182, Level: 69 Points: 11,182, Level: 69 Points: 11,182, Level: 69
Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jibs View Post
The mini will give you cowboy cred (wood stock), the AR will make people think you are kind of weird and wishing you were in the army or a swat team guy or a cop or something. get the mini
Might used to of been that way, but not any more with the number of AR's in peoples hands these days. I do see the mall ninjas at the range at times with full chest rigs, 12 magazines in carriers, sidearm in drop leg holster and a big K-Bar strapped on running around shooting up the range but not scoring any hits on their targets.
At least their not out shooting up the neighborhood.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50   #31
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by C.Montague View Post
Anyone who chooses a Mini-14 over an AR15 these days gets my mental note of approval immediately, because it shows that they have out-of-the-box thinking skills. I have absolute respect for the nation's service rifle, but always prefer a Mini-14, a carbine which has been used extensively by law enforcement and government agencies. In fact, those who disparage the Mini-14 as being on the same level as a piece of wood in the hand show absolute ignorance of firearms as well as extreme tunnel vision. (The internet is one of the best means of dissemination of poor information, if not outright disinformation.)

The newer Minis have the immediate attribute of scoping, and Ruger supplies rings with every new carbine. And yes, they have a beefier barrel allowing much greater accuracy over the older models. Additionally, Ruger has placed a large amount of factory-made magazines which formerly were only available to law enforcement agencies. Inexpensive aftermarket rails, such as those produced by GG&G and Ultimak permit the attachment of micro red dots close to the bore line, as well as other tactical accessories, such as offset flashlight mounts.

The advantage of the AR over the Mini is the means of replacing faulty or broken parts with greater ease, but that is negated, in my opinion, by the Ruger's ruggedness, and the fact that breakages do not occur on a frequent basis.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the Mini-14 has always been a carbine from its beginning, and that implies short, close up distances. Perfect for civilians who want to defend themselves from predators, as well as taking animals such as hogs and deer in the bush. Because it configures as a hunting carbine, it's more "politically correct" to those who may feel threatened by the presence of a so-called black rifle.

Whatever you choose, welcome to the world of the Ruger Mini-14 and I hope you enjoy the carbine if you proceed to go that route.

Well said couldn't agree more. The mini is in-between an AR and AK in my opinion. Rugged with just enough accuracy.

~I used to be a master troll like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee....

~Don't meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste nice with Ketchup!
Drache Teufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:07   #32
disappointed member
Points: 80,454, Level: 100 Points: 80,454, Level: 100 Points: 80,454, Level: 100
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
Might used to of been that way, but not any more with the number of AR's in peoples hands these days. I do see the mall ninjas at the range at times with full chest rigs, 12 magazines in carriers, sidearm in drop leg holster and a big K-Bar strapped on running around shooting up the range but not scoring any hits on their targets.
At least their not out shooting up the neighborhood.
i agree. the AR has become the norm at the range, i see 12-13 year old kids shooting them all the time at the range.

in fact, i think this makes me like my mini even more....when i pull out my AR, there is almost always a few others with a AR that looks almost exactly like mine. makes me feel......ordinary

i have my mini set up like i want, and i have yet to see another mini at the range quite like it. in fact, i have only seen one other mini at the range. almost always, a range officer asks about my mini and ends up shooting it.
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 15:09   #33
Points: 586, Level: 11 Points: 586, Level: 11 Points: 586, Level: 11
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%
Last Achievements

Wife and I have gone totally out of the box with our rifles.

She has a 1894 .357mag lever gun and I have the mini-14. Incognito as far as guns go, especially the Marlin. Nobody is scared of them and it would do more damage in close.
billnchristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 17:30   #34
Redleg
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Drache Teufel View Post
Well said couldn't agree more. The mini is in-between an AR and AK in my opinion. Rugged with just enough accuracy.
Great way of putting it!!
Old 06-20-2012, 17:54   #35
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Wife and I have gone totally out of the box with our rifles.

She has a 1894 .357mag lever gun and I have the mini-14. Incognito as far as guns go, especially the Marlin. Nobody is scared of them and it would do more damage in close.
Ive been waiting for an SBL in .45 colt to go along with my redhawk myself. Nothing wrong with a lever. Probably the most durable.

~Don't meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste nice with Ketchup!
Old 06-20-2012, 17:55   #36
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Rogervzv View Post
Great way of putting it!!
Thanks

Old 06-20-2012, 18:35   #37
Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by C.Montague View Post
Anyone who chooses a Mini-14 over an AR15 these days gets my mental note of approval immediately, because it shows that they have out-of-the-box thinking skills. I have absolute respect for the nation's service rifle, but always prefer a Mini-14, a carbine which has been used extensively by law enforcement and government agencies. In fact, those who disparage the Mini-14 as being on the same level as a piece of wood in the hand show absolute ignorance of firearms as well as extreme tunnel vision. (The internet is one of the best means of dissemination of poor information, if not outright disinformation.)

The newer Minis have the immediate attribute of scoping, and Ruger supplies rings with every new carbine. And yes, they have a beefier barrel allowing much greater accuracy over the older models. Additionally, Ruger has placed a large amount of factory-made magazines which formerly were only available to law enforcement agencies. Inexpensive aftermarket rails, such as those produced by GG&G and Ultimak permit the attachment of micro red dots close to the bore line, as well as other tactical accessories, such as offset flashlight mounts.

The advantage of the AR over the Mini is the means of replacing faulty or broken parts with greater ease, but that is negated, in my opinion, by the Ruger's ruggedness, and the fact that breakages do not occur on a frequent basis.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the Mini-14 has always been a carbine from its beginning, and that implies short, close up distances. Perfect for civilians who want to defend themselves from predators, as well as taking animals such as hogs and deer in the bush. Because it configures as a hunting carbine, it's more "politically correct" to those who may feel threatened by the presence of a so-called black rifle.

Whatever you choose, welcome to the world of the Ruger Mini-14 and I hope you enjoy the carbine if you proceed to go that route.
What he said.
trvlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 18:43   #38
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by trvlr22 View Post
What he said.
ditto

Old 06-20-2012, 19:01   #39
Points: 1,734, Level: 24 Points: 1,734, Level: 24 Points: 1,734, Level: 24
Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5%
Last Achievements

Well, I had no notion that this thread would turn into such a monster. Thank you all for your excellent comments.

I ended up getting both. Specifically, a Ruger SR556E for the AR side, and this coming Monday I pick up my new wood stock blued-version Mini 14.

Really like the way the SR556E handles and shoots.

Can't wait to get the Mini to the range.
this is the correct answer. just a warning for you but black rifle disease which is associated with ar15 type rifles is a very close cousin to mini-14 itis.
both are expensive to treat but fun as hell to try. I should know I keep having relapse of both.
jwb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 19:05   #40
Points: 3,023, Level: 33 Points: 3,023, Level: 33 Points: 3,023, Level: 33
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

You are in for a LOT of fun with each! enjoy!
justasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 19:08   #41
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jwb47 View Post
this is the correct answer. just a warning for you but black rifle disease which is associated with ar15 type rifles is a very close cousin to mini-14 itis.
both are expensive to treat but fun as hell to try. I should know I keep having relapse of both.
I got the mini30 swamp rash...

Old 06-21-2012, 03:35   #42
Points: 10,011, Level: 66 Points: 10,011, Level: 66 Points: 10,011, Level: 66
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements

AR Click... Damn man...

MINI 14 bang bang bang bang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bang

Yeah sure Piston AR's are good too, but they cost a hell of a lot, and a MINI 14 cost me only 600 bucks.
Magog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:48   #43
Points: 2,207, Level: 28 Points: 2,207, Level: 28 Points: 2,207, Level: 28
Activity: 6.1% Activity: 6.1% Activity: 6.1%
Last Achievements

Lololol

Originally Posted by Magog View Post
AR Click... Damn man...

MINI 14 bang bang bang bang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bangbang bang bang

Yeah sure Piston AR's are good too, but they cost a hell of a lot, and a MINI 14 cost me only 600 bucks.
This is one of the greatest posts I have ever seen on this forum! Kudos! And man have I witnessed that a thousand times....it usually starts with "Dude...check out the AR I just built......"
Slamskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:14   #44
Points: 6,142, Level: 50 Points: 6,142, Level: 50 Points: 6,142, Level: 50
Last Achievements

Must be a lot of members to this site buying some really cheap and $h!ty AR style rifles, i have, use and love both and while i do use the mini-14 way more since it is fun i really cant say i have had or seen so many fails with AR style rifles that it compares to half the stuff i read around here.

This is no way my way of starting an argument but while i prefer the mini action for reliability i would say that the few fails my AR styles have had it was due too something i did or used and not really a design flaw. :?
WES213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 13:17   #45
Points: 2,207, Level: 28 Points: 2,207, Level: 28 Points: 2,207, Level: 28
Activity: 6.1% Activity: 6.1% Activity: 6.1%
Last Achievements

Clarification:)

Originally Posted by WES213 View Post
Must be a lot of members to this site buying some really cheap and $h!ty AR style rifles, i have, use and love both and while i do use the mini-14 way more since it is fun i really cant say i have had or seen so many fails with AR style rifles that it compares to half the stuff i read around here.

This is no way my way of starting an argument but while i prefer the mini action for reliability i would say that the few fails my AR styles have had it was due too something i did or used and not really a design flaw. :?
WES,
I really wasn't meaning to bash AR's! I was bashing the mall ninjas/couch operators that purchase inexpensive AR's, mod the snot out of them with every new fangled part they can find and every type of aim assist device they can fit on it! They really do not know much about the actual rifle at all....but it is an extension of their manhood.....which probably doesn't fire when the trigger is pulled either
Slamskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 14:02   #46
Last Achievements

I really wasn't pointing out one post or even one person here, it was really more of a general observation if anything.

I really would like to see more folks post name brands and builds when talking about failing or junk AR style rifles as i think it would help others to keep an eye out for that brand or build if or when they buy one, thats all.
Old 06-22-2012, 16:58   #47
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

They just give me a bad taste from the military. If you like em run them man everyone has there own opinions good/ bad wrong or right. Lets just not let it lead to arguments that is silly.

Old 06-22-2012, 18:18   #48
Redleg
Last Achievements

Well, guys, just 3 more days here in Occupied California and I get to pick up my new-model Mini 14 (blued; wood stock). Curse the ten day wait period. I am very excited!! Have my red dot sight all ready to put on it!
Old 06-22-2012, 18:36   #49
ANTI anti-gun activist
Last Achievements

Well, guys, just 3 more days here in Occupied California and I get to pick up my new-model Mini 14 (blued; wood stock). Curse the ten day wait period. I am very excited!! Have my red dot sight all ready to put on it!
Congrats. Hopefully you like it as as I like my m30 tac. Any reason you didn't go for the tactical model. You just like the traditional look/ feel ?

Old 06-22-2012, 18:38   #50
Last Achievements

never did understand the point of a waiting period, i was told it is so that if you are buying the gun to harm someone you will have time to cool of and rethink what you are about too do but adding ten days too the wait would only get me madder. LOL

On the bright side it is worth the wait.