Perfect Union banner
10K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  SublimeBoa 
#1 ·
Wondering what the reviews are on this Russian ammo for the Mini-14? Been shopping around, and besides the M855 LC, this stuff seems to be the most reasonable priced.

Since all the good stuff seems to be sold out for now, figured i might pick up 500-1000 rounds of something semi-consistent. Not looking for anything super accurate, just reliable and semi-consistent.

Can't imagine it not being able to hit man sized silhouette at 250 yds, but thought I'd ask.

Any misfires? And how many out of 100? Any casing issues like cracking, mis-feeding or sticking in the chamber? I know some rifles don't like the coated casings.

Thanks for any help.

#44 ·
Not having done my research I picked up 200 rnds of Tula FMJ 55 gr at Walmart a couple weeks ago. My local range does not allow steel anything so thus far I have not been able to shoot it. Regardless of how it does I doubt I will buy it again. A couple bucks either way is not worth it to me.

Yesterday I shoot PMC 55 gr 223 back to back with AE X193 55 gr - WOW the 556 rocks!

#46 ·
Well, some REAL ammo arrived today. Tempted to get me a couple more cans since they dropped their price $30 a can. Naturally, right after I buy mine, it goes on sale. :angry:

Got 5 loaded mags on standby, and this left over. Fun times ahead. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.