Perfect Union banner
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kiwihunter 
#1 ·
first time out to my favorite range today, southwest of Chicago in Ottawa, Il. Maybe some of the members here are familar with...My 581 series Mini-14 ranch woodstock,blued and Mini-30 tactical...No malfunctions what so ever...They have a great plinking pit, where you can shoot your 18 year olds stuffed winnie the pooh toy or pictures of your ex-wife...I.ve never had so many TIDE detergent bottles shoot straight in the air after many dead on hits, if I say so myself...Put about 500-600 rounds downrange today...I shoot U S made ammo, keep my rifles cleaned and lubricated...My rifles will always be GOTO in any type of situation...My rifles are stock out of the box with no upgrades. I love Mini 14-30

#2 ·
I was beginning to believe that I had the only mini out of the box that I was totally happy with. mine goes bang each time the trigger is pulled until the bolt locks back.
WAAAY more accurate than I am. 1oo yards is nearly the other side of the world for my weak a** eyes.
But practice practice practice
R

#4 ·
I have a stock 580 mini 14 and 581 mini 30 and I LOVE them. Took my 30 to the range a week ago to sight in the scope and man does it go BOOM :lol: my mate said there was a 4 inch flame coming out of the muzzle on the 30 :D. On the down side my Nikkon gameking scope kept moving the POI after I had zeroed it in with 3 shots at 50 meters. Note to self; cheap scopes off the net belong where you found them. Might put my Leopold 3 to 9 off my 14 on the 30 as that's going to be my deer rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.