Perfect Union banner
3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  PABin25 
#1 ·
Ok this has been talked about to death!, but im hoping someone has made a better quality mag besides ruger? So i ask is anyone making a good quality mini 14 - 20 round mag? Polymer or steel?.......the cheapest ive seen rugers are $30 a pop. I can buy 3 magpul mags for my ar for that and there great quality!!!!

#2 ·
Just invest your money in a set of factory 20 round mags, they are the very best Mini 14 magazines you can get. I have 9 of them and I have NEVER had a malfunction of any kind.

If you want to go cheap I hear Tapco 30 rounders work, but you can only insert them with the bolt open.

#4 ·
You can find ruger magazines cheaper than $30. Just wait on a sale and buy then. Thats what I do. I dont think there are any mags better than the ruger mags for a mini-14. I do have some promag 20rd. magazines that havent failed yet and they are great magazines.

#8 ·
Do NOT get ProMag's, that much I can tell from experiance!
Promags are good magazines if you get the metal ones. I have heard the plastic ones are junk,but the metal ones are almost as good as ruger 20rd mags. I used metal promag magazines for years before I bought a ruger mag without one single issue.

#9 ·
OK this has been talked about to death!, but I'm hoping someone has made a better quality mag besides ruger? So i ask is anyone making a good quality mini 14 - 20 round mag? Polymer or steel?.......the cheapest Ive seen rugers are $30 a pop. I can buy 3 magpul mags for my AR for that and there great quality!!!!
Remember the magazine is part of the weapon NOT an accessory. Now that they sell factory Mini mags I don't know why anyone would buy anything else...I don't want to sound like a snob but whats a few more dollars for a good reliable factory mag...I would rather spend my money on a good reliable Factory mag than save a few bucks and buy something that doesn't work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.