Perfect Union banner
27K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Fvilla35 
#1 ·
I would like to get a flashlight mount for my 581 series Mini-14 and was wondering what you guys would recommend. I would prefer one that would just clamp on to the barrel and that is relatively easy to take on and off.

Also what is a decent rifle flashlight for under a few hundred?

Thanks

#3 ·
If you're willing to spend up to a couple hundred on a flashlight, you could go whole hog and get a Ultimak rail, a VLTOR offset "scout" mount and a Surefire G2 LED. The whole setup would run about $250, but you'd then have a length of rail available for a red-dot optic, sling mount, etc.

Another option would involve zip-ties:

#6 ·
I like that 45º mount--and the price is right. I think the OP should consider how he holds the rifle in his ready position. The VLTOR mount places the flashlight right at 90º from the rail., so if that's where his thumb is, it will be the most natural place for the light. If he has a higher hold, or bigger hands, that CDNN mount would put the light in the right place. Here's the VLTOR offset mount:

#17 ·
I don't have one of these mounts, but it sounds like what you are looking for:

Midwest Industries: MI Mini-14 Tactical Light Mount
Thanks - This one looks to be easier to mount. On the other hand, the gas block mount would put the Streamlight underneath, which seems like it'd be better for ambidextrous activation. I have two left handed and two right handed shooters in the house to contend with.

#19 ·
Magpul moe rail worked perfect for mini 14 flashlight mount.

Rails come with metal back piece which has a "nipple" that when you drill plastic handgaurd & insert it through inside/backside of it on 580 Minis it gives it a tight custom feel.

This is my first post so once I learn how to upload my images I will.... Hopefully on Monday.

#20 ·
photos for moe rail on factory Stainless Mini -14

the only thing that took any time was going one drill bit at a time untill the "nipple" backpiece to the rail screw was a tight fit.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.