Perfect Union banner

Alot of jamming with 581-series

9K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  VeT|Us 
#1 ·
I need help figuring out what's wrong with my Mini.

It's a 581-series. No scope. Using steel Promag 20-round magazines.
Last time I was at the range I got 3 jams of the same type out of 20 rounds.

It's the same every time, the fired case gets caught by the bolt as the bolt returns to chamber a new round after firing.
The case mouth gets stuck right above the chamber, causing severe damage to the case mouth and the gun to jam.

Whats with this? Theres no scope on it, so the brass isn't hitting anything and dropping back down either.

Thanks for any help!

#32 ·
Hi Vet, I hope the part you ordered can be returned and swapped out for the correct part. Hate to see you having all of those problems... must be really frustrating. Please keep us updated as I'm sure we all want to see you get through this to success. There must be a fix and from what I've read you have covered all of your bases except for the incorrect part you got from the after market guys. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!:)

#35 ·
:unsure:Sounds as tho the loaded round under the bolt is somehow causing the extractor to "stick" in place either by upward pressure on the extractor proper or by pressure on the "ejecting" shell casing,not allowing the extractor to "pivot",and release the empty case.Use some machinest blue die chem ink or a black majic marker and coat the brass in the magazine and the extractor to see where the contact is!:DGood luck!

#36 ·
Thank you all for all the kind remarks and helpfull advice, I really appreciate it.

I'm done tinkering on this now and I'll be sending it in for it to be fixed.
Atleast I've been able to find out what the exact problem is,
but I'm out of options when it comes to fixing it myself, and after doing this on and off for over a year, the time has come to get it fixed by professionals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.