Perfect Union banner
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chilly 
#1 ·
Traded this for a Yugo AK47 underfolder. I'm sure I'll have no regrets, I hope the owner of my AK feels the same way.

First step: figure out how to attach this modified M14 handguard at the back. I think I'll reinforce the handguard with some sheetmetal and fiberglass, then rivet the original handguard clip to it. To ensure I don't pull the rivet through I'll install by removing gas block, clipping over the skinny part of the barrel, then sliding back over the fat part, then reinstall the gas block. I'm really happy with how well it fits so far.

Next step: procure a Boyd's walnut stock, install M14 front and rear sling loops, chop for a flat recoil pad vs. the curved plastic OEM crap.

After that: maybe find or fabricate an M14 type flash suppressor that includes the bayo lug, just for fun. May also parkerize the rifle. Bluing just doesn't do it for me.

See less See more
#3 ·
Was thinking of all manner of ways to modify a Garand front sling swivel to connect to the gas block and I think I came upon the best way. The Garand stacking swivel has ears that are wide enough but the stacking swivel is 1" wide. I want to use GI style 1-1/4" slings. So I think I'll morph a Garand stacking swivel with a Garand front sling swivel with a little Dremel work and some TIG help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.