Perfect Union banner

My 2009 Mini 14 581 Series - RETRO

13K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  slick44 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a few pictures of my new 581+ series SS Mini 14, I've had it for about 2 months and decided to see if I could fit it into an older 184+ series all wooden stock with the wooden handguard, It only took a small amount of careful chisel work to remove about a 1/4" X 1/8" X 2" strip from within the right hand side inside the receiver area, afterwards I cleaned up and finished with a little Dremel work, took about an hr and it fits and shoots rock solid, The wooden handguard snapped right on! plus I still have my synthetic stock that it came with. I also added the quick disconnect for the bi-pod that I read about on this forum, also had the front sight moved back and the barrel threaded, I chose the Smith muzzle brake and I'm happy with it's performance. This Mini shoots nice groups, the pictured target is from 100 yrds shot using the just the bi-pod while I kneeling in front of a big rock, benching properly produces better groups. I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and absolutely love it, Nice to be amongst Mini lovers! I have used lots of advice from here find it relaxing after a days work to read through...Hope everyone has a great day..."God Bless America" Wood Electrical wiring Bicycle handlebar Gun barrel Cable

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Musical instrument Trigger Shotgun Wood

Rectangle Sleeve Creative arts T-shirt Art
SG

See less See more
#30 · (Edited)
Good job ! I do, however, like it better without the barrel shroud. :)

You know its funny because I like the looks with it and without it, I was kinda mixed as to whether or not to use the barrel shroud - one thing for sure is those shrouds seem to be pretty tough to find anymore - but after I put the shroud on, it really seemed to turned heads out at the range and It received much more attention, so I just left it on - The other thing is that it TRULY WORKS - It doesn't take long for that stainless barrel to heat up, and my daughter had almost dropped it from failing to remember that. But with the shroud on you can rapid fire 30 rounds and pick it up by the shroud and never feel anything, so I think I'll leave it on. Thank you much for the complements - its a fun hobby!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.