Perfect Union banner

ramline folding stock

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Willieboy 
#1 ·
i was looking at the ramline folding stock because of the price, but being it is completely plastic i am worried about wearing out the joint where it folds, anyone used this before? :(

#3 ·
yeah thats kind of what i was afraid of but the stock looks pretty cool, what about the non-folder from choate?....im looking for an inexpensive pistol grip stock, i dont care if it folds or not, but i dont want it to be "folding style" and not really fold....know what i mean? folding or non is fine...i dont like the folder imitations

#4 ·
If you can find a non-folding "folding-style" made by Butler Creek, that would be the way to go, because they are REALLY easy to make them to fold again. All you have to do is drill out a weld on the set screw. I'm not sure about the Choate. I had a Choate "dragunov-style" stock on my mini, but the grade of plastic they used to make it is not up to par for rifle use. It was very flexible. I now have a Butler Creek folder, and the plastic they use has a high fiber count and is very sturdy. Not only that but it fits VERY tight to the action and that will help to improve the rifle's accuracy.

#5 ·
I have a ramline folder on my 10/22. My brother has a BC folder. Of the 2 I would get the Butler Creek. They are selling the folders now. They don't cost much more than the folding style stocks.

#11 ·
Originally posted by kodatech@Nov 21 2004, 10:30 PM
oh yeah another thing, i hate to be a posting s.o.b. but im new to this weapon, if i order the BC folder, am i going to have to switch over the inner forearm liner? i hear people talking about this with the choate stock.
I've put about 200 rounds thru mine since I switched to the BC folder, and it's still tight. You should switch over the forearm liner when you change to any stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.