Perfect Union banner

Blue Force Gear----Vickers

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MOTOROLANUT 
#1 · (Edited)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#3 · (Edited)
The web seminar just ended. I liked how the flow from the different carry positions showed efficiency, and always a good idea to run the flow check to ensure smooth transitions with different gear you might be carrying.

When Chris talked about the 5th point of contact, it reminded me of the one Vickers sling I have that came with sewn in sling swivels. I crank the adjustment tab down all the way, and the sling is still almost too long. I have wished I could get it a bit shorter.
Bepe and I talked about this, as he has a sling with sewn in swivels too.
I have a shoe box full of sling hardware and Fastex buckles, I think I'm going to have to cut the stitching on the butt end so I can shorten the sling slightly, then I'll have to add my own sliders to secure that end.
Buying the sling with swivels sewn in seemed like a good idea at the time, but it hasn't proved as useful as the non sewn ones.

I liked the phrase "Solving Problems Ballistically".
Perhaps that should be the new slogan for the Army and Marines.
"Solving Problems Ballistically since 1775 !"
( The U.S. Army was formed from the Continental Army on June 14th, 1775, the Marines were formed on November 10th, 1775 )

All in all, very good info on a most excellent sling. I used the Spectre gear sling until I discovered the Vickers BFG, now the Vickers is all I'll run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.