Perfect Union banner

Mini 14 GB

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  wingshot37 
#1 ·
I have been shopping for a GB model for some time. Found one pretty close to me and have a question. The rifle is a blued, non- folder. It has the bayonet lug and LEO flash hider. It does not have the stamped lettering designating it Law Enforcement Only. 182 series. Legit?

#5 ·
I just bought one, 184 series also. It was a prison issue rifle here in Ohio. Paid 500 for it, stock in good shape, but missing rear sight. The gun shop I bought it at in Columbus, has another store on the south side of the city, and they have one just like it but without any LE markings. They want 700 for it, and the stock is missing a good bit of finish.

#12 ·
Yeah, I have a weakness for the older 182-184 series Mini 14 GB models---have two---a blued one that I bought new in the early 80s and a stainless rifle brought used (but really nice) that I bought in the late 80s---neither has LEO markings but they do have the so-called "rack numbers" in addition to the usual serial numbers. I have no idea what they're worth these days, but they are not for sale...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.