Perfect Union banner

mo-rod or accu-strut

16K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  James T. Kirk 
#1 ·
Which one is better?

#40 ·
neither, save your money up and get one of these.
Shilen Match Heavy Barrel Ruger Mini-14 Pre-580 Series 223 Remington 1 $239.00

Just sayin, i see a lot of people that have mini's with muzzle breaks, and stabilizer rods. So for the price of a good muzzle break(not cheap junk), and a accu strut you could get a heavy barrel.

Mo-Reaper Muzzle Break $129.00

Accu-Strut LT Barrel strut for Ruger Minis $94.95

And the barrel is already threaded, crowned, and head space is set. I took it to my local gunsmith and he charged me for one hour's worth of work, $90.00 bucks. All they had to do is take off the old barrel, put on the new one and drill a hole for the gas block. Its as easy as pie... A piece of cake.
When I added the Accustrut LT to my 580 series mini-14 it was virtually brand new so it didn't need a barrel. Also I don't really care to add a ton of weight to the mini-14. Out of the box my mini was a good shooter, the strut along with a trigger job made it a better shooter. It shoots almost moa (1.25") and will shoot nice groups even after the barrel heats up. If Im gonna spend that kind of money Kirk, Im buying another rifle. Not a barrel.

#41 · (Edited)
+1. I like the Mini because it's' handy. A strut and brake are a lot lighter than a heavy barrel. My Accustrut was $90, die and guide for threading the muzzle was $20, and I had a parts bin drawer full of AR brakes and flashiders. Kirk, your way is at least $$340, and no threaded muzzle or brake for the Shillen barrel without even more $$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.