Perfect Union banner

Retro style scope

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mannymacfly 
#1 ·
Reactions: tri70
#5 ·
Optics have come a long way and continue to improve. I fully understand your wish for a retro looking scope, as I have wanted one from time to time as well. IMO, I would go for a "modern throw back" of sorts to try to get the best of both worlds.

Is there a magnification range you are looking at? Both the 1-4x and 3-9x could be considered retro and look very different ;)

Reactions: AsSeenOnTV
#6 ·
Yeah, Pet Rock, that is the magnification range I need. I've been finding old weavers on ebay but they want waaaay too much for them. I want a modern optics scope with a vintage look, my guess is that's going to be a hard item to locate.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I checked ou t the Weavers on your link, and they are nice, but if I were going to pay that much I would get the reproduction models they sell on ebay. The 3x9X is what I'm looking for. I check into the Leupolds next, thanks for all the help.

#9 ·
Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for but how about Millett DMS 1-4x24 Designated Marksman Red-Dot Rifle Scope BK81002 w/ Free S&H I have a Millett DMS on an AR and its been a fine little optic - just not sure if its retro looking enough.

For a bit more scratch, Burris makes this one Burris® 1-4x24 Fullfield TAC30 Illuminated Ballistic CQ 5.56 Riflescope FREE S&H I don't have the Burris but have admired it from a distance as they say. Looks a little more classic to my eye, with the small aperture, etc.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Best,
Grumpy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.