Ruger 10/22 Anything about the Ruger 10/22 family of rifles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 11:57   #1
The Snake Guy
Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

10/22 Mag sticking

Like the title says, for some reason, my ruger 10/22 original Mag is sticking. First 5 rounds work fine, then round number six never reaches the top of the feeder. Ejection of the mag and few taps gets it to finish rotating, and works fine for the next 5 rounds. ??

I have taken it part and cleaned it well. Took it out for a test, and same problem. Took it apart in the field to look for burrs and such...none present. cleaned it, put it back together, and even added one extra click to the spring (9 instead of 8) but problem still exists.

This is the original magazine that came with the rifle 12 years ago, but the used ones I bought the same weekend i bought the rifle, do not present these problems, and they are even older then this one is.

Any ideas on what may be causing this "all of a sudden" problem? Like I said, this mag is newer then the 3 others I have.

Thanks
Rick

~Hemingway~
SublimeBoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 16:51   #2
Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15
Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2%
Last Achievements

Your spring might be a little weak. Try tightening the spring a little more and see if that helps.
51colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 19:39   #3
The Snake Guy
Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

I'll try another click and see what happens. Doesn't make sense though. If it was indeed a weak spring, highly unlikely given the nature of spring steel, then it seems to me the last 5 rounds would all have the same problem. ?? It is only the 5th round, and it happens every time, then the last five feed correctly.

Acts more like a bur or something, but I can't detect one.

~Hemingway~
SublimeBoa is offline   Reply With Quote