Perfect Union banner
73K views 79 replies 26 participants last post by  Crowcifier666 
#1 · (Edited)
-10/22 Compact
-16.25" factory taper barrel threaded
-Factory birch stock modified for butt plate and strut, "torch camo'd" and refinished with Tung oil
-M14 trapdoor butt plate (with teak spacer and stash)
-Auto bolt release mod
-Tech Sights TS200
-UAG 2.5x20 LER scope w/ supplied rings
-Tactical Innovations charging handle
-UTG quad rail, modified to fit tech sights and barrel strut
-Accu-Strut barrel strut, faux gas tube
-Home made paracord adjustable sling

See less See more
#62 ·
Probably best. As an alternative, what do you think about something like this:

Re: Rear Sight Dovetail Insert
Here's an alternative -- stick a lead bullet in the dovetail and use a small hammer (non-marring, like brass) to tap it in, shaping the lead to the contour of the barrel and swaging it in to the slot. It can then be darkened with cold bluing solution, and blends in so well it is hard to detect.

#66 ·
Thanks HTT. I did drill the hole by hand and unfortunately, it came out a little off center; you can see it if you look closely. Luckily, it wasn't enough to be really noticeable, or for me to bother fixing it. If I did it again, I'd probably use a chalk line leveled off to the barrel as a guide.

#67 ·
Looks like Accu-Strut has their inventory back. My plan is to buy the standard model and cut it in half. The "front" half will go on the 10/22 Scout and the "rear" half will go on my Mini 14. I have an M14 gas plug to thread into the cut portion of the "rear" half.

After hatching that plan over the last several weeks and now about to click the order button on the hundred dollar item, it occurred to me that I ought to confirm that my plan will work. The Accu-Strut is hollow, right? If I cut it in half, I will be able to thread an M14 gas plug into the cut end after a little cleaning and tapping, right?

#74 ·
Cerakote

Cerakote makes a slippery Teflon blend that has all the color choices. I recently bought a MPA .45acp carbine which has a huge bolt. I just finished putting it back together after a complete paint job. So there are options.

#73 ·
Wow perfect 10's on creativity and execution! Consider sending us your trigger groups here at Brimstone for a finishing touch. You won't regret it. Again the most creative build I have seen in a long time, well done sir.

#75 ·
Chill, thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Although I hear many good things about your company, Brimstone, here and at RFC, my trigger group came with a real nice pull on it, as I bought used and the previous owner had it done. I will also keep the Cerakote in mind. Cheers!

#79 ·
This is a pretty cool build. Good to see people being creative with their guns.

I like it!

Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.