Originally Posted by jsmith10/22
I have a stock full camo 10/22 i just got recently. I have done some researching and have decided I really want the Tapco T6 stock in OD Green. But i have many questions. And have decided to ask the experts.
1. Is it reliable and sturdy?
2. should I get the heavy barrel version and invest in a bull barrel?
3. money IS a factor.
4.would it even look good with a camo triggerguard and if i keep the standard barrel, its camo too.
5. what all accesories shoul i get once i buy one?
1. I don't have that stock, but I've seen them and they seem to be OK
2. If you are thinking of getting a Bull Barrel sometime in the future, do it now or when you will be getting one, you'll also be getting another stock.
3. I got the Green Mountain SS version for just over $100.00. (Not fluted) I love it and am very pleased. Shoots great and looks good too. I don't know how much of a factor mone is, but that's what you'll pay.
4. That's personel preference. Do what you think looks good.
5. A decent scope. I have a 4-12X50 which I think is a good all around scope. Also make sure you've done something about the trigger. I had mine re-worked by a gunsmith for $40.00. He took it from a 7 1/2 lb pull to a 2 1/2 pull and tightened it up some. This made the biggest difference to me.