Perfect Union banner

17 Mach2

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BlkHawk73 
#1 · (Edited)
I just shot my 10/17 for the first time today. It got my heart going now. I love the conversion to Mach2. I did see an issue with the ammo. Hornady was great but the Remington was nasty. It shot ok but I felt like I was shooting Wolf. It was dirty, smokey and there was sparks shooting out with the ejected shell. Has anyone else seen this. I know they are picky but more worried about the sparks.

#3 ·
I do remember reading that remington and eley .17M2 rounds were a bit "hotter" than the standard hornady. If I recall correctly by +/- 200 FPS. I would definitely inspect some spent brass and look for signs of bulging or splitting or anything abnormal with the case. It may be ejecting too soon before all of the powder is burnt off. Just my thoughts.

#4 ·
They all had buldging thats why I just bought a Kidd action. The other was worn and had excessive head space. I was worried about case splitting since I just installed a new barrel but none was found. The Remengtion was not nearlt as acurate.

#5 ·
Bought a Kidd action to solve the headspace issues? :blink:

I did my conversion a couple years ago with a ER Show bbl and a MR bolt handle. First run, I used 1st production Hornady which had major issues - case splitting and one case rupture. (thankfully I had safety glasses on) Changed to Remington/Eley and newer Hornady and it's a dream to shoot. VERY accurate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.