Perfect Union banner

Ammo Choice

4K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Mohave-Tec 
#1 ·
What is everyones choice ammo for the 10/22 ?

#4 ·
Has anybody tried the Fedreal Bulk pack ammo? Also I have shot the very low power Agilla Super Colibri in my 1022.It is very accurate but of course will not cycle the bolt.What I like is all you here is the firing pin hitting the primer. What is the most accurate round in the 22" barrel model 1022.All info appreciated.I am new to the 1022 game but a 50 year shooter. I just love the 22lr's.

#7 ·
I prefer the Federal bulk pack (when I can find it), as it's the most accurate bulk ammo in my rifle.

Match ammo will make a big improvement over the bulk packs, but at a much higer cost. As mentioned, Wolf Match Target is great. I also like Aguila Match Rifle, Federal Gold Medal Target, Winchester T22 Target and Remington Target.

No two guns are alike, so you'll have to try them all to determine which is the most accurate in your barrel.

#12 ·
Just bought 5500 rds Federal Bulk pack 22's for 20.00 per pac.I hope all my 22's like Federal cause thats what they are going to get for a while. Whats bad is I remember no so long ago when they were 9.99 each. Now you can barely find them.

#19 ·
I have no problem with most bulk ammo, but find the most misfires with the federal bulk target or the remington thunderbolt bulk pack. On the contrary the 525 pack of Rem Golden Bullet is about the same price and way cleaner and more reliable. CCI is always great, but not always economically feasible for a day full of plinking. I also work in a sporting goods store so I hear alot of customer feedback as well.

#20 ·
I don't know if there is any difference at all but I have a terrible time with Federal bulk red box by the Federal bulk blue (or is it grey) box works just fine.
I really want to use CCI Velocitor but it seems to hang up a lot. I have many other brands I haven't even tried yet. Like 333 and Remington Bulk.
Oh, it loved Remington Viper and Yellow Jacket.

#21 ·
I've only had my 10/22 for about 3 weeks. Day 1 at the range was mainly spent banging away at the front sight to try and get a rough zero. When the gun was brand new, I had a few stoppages with various ammo, not only in the factory magazine, but also in the butler creek steel lips mags that I bought. Today I had it back at the range, and with no care for accuracy, just tested function. It seems to have "broken in" now, as I shot a good brick of various ammo through the factory and the BC/SL mags with no malfunctions at all. I am very happy, as I need a reliable round first and foremost, and will narrow down for accuracy later. Ammo that I tried and successfully functioned were:

Winchester "western" 1220 FPS lead hollow point.
Winchester "333"
Remington yellow jackets
Federal champion bulk (525 count, blue box)
American Eagle 40grain lead round nose

I am starting to gain a lot of confidence in the reliability of this rifle.

#22 · (Edited)
CCI mini-mags. I have a "target" barrel on mine and it won't shoot the stinger loads. If you compare the stinger with other rounds, the casing is slightly longer. Many target barrels won't eject these....mine included. If you have a target barrel and have problems with jams/ejection need to stay away from stinger. Just changed my extractor and buffer....she's all happy again. :D

IMO if I'm really going for accuracy lower velocity loads work better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.