Perfect Union banner

Ammo Choice

4K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Mohave-Tec 
#1 ·
What is everyones choice ammo for the 10/22 ?

#31 ·
I've used Federal Bulk 550, Rem GB 550, CCI Mini Mags, CCI Stingers.

While shooting the Federal .22 ammo I was noticing an increase in jamming. I figured sucky ammo. I shot some of the CCI Mags & Stinger same results...jamming. I finally figured out what was causing the continous jams. It was that stupid rubber/soft plastic buffer that I installed. Luckily I had the original buffer with me at the time. I went ahead and put the original buffer back on and guess what? No jams. Apparently it was cycling too fast that it was not allowing the empty shell to eject.

Just my .02.

#32 ·
I've used Federal Bulk 550, Rem GB 550, CCI Mini Mags, CCI Stingers.

While shooting the Federal .22 ammo I was noticing an increase in jamming. I figured sucky ammo. I shot some of the CCI Mags & Stinger same results...jamming. I finally figured out what was causing the continous jams. It was that stupid rubber/soft plastic buffer that I installed. Luckily I had the original buffer with me at the time. I went ahead and put the original buffer back on and guess what? No jams. Apparently it was cycling too fast that it was not allowing the empty shell to eject.

Just my .02.
Well now. I put a Volquartsen buffer in mine the same time I put the Power Customs trigger set in it. All of a sudden my Buttler Creek Steel Lips 25 round mags started giving me fits with whatever I put in them but my Ruger mags still work great. Thank goodness my Ruger likes the CCI Velocitors. I haven't noticed any benifit with the rubber buffer anyway. Back in goes the regular bolt stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.