Perfect Union banner

Need Help with NIB 10/22

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RRMan03 
#1 ·
I need someone to help me with which model of 10/22 I have.I recently bought a NIB 10/22.It has the Deluxe Walnut stock but it has a stainless/matte grey receiver,trigger group andd 22" barrel.The manual that came with it does not even show it.I have looked thru all my gun books and there is no mention of that combination.It is a Deluxe walnut stock with a grey stainless metal work. It is factory Ruger because it was still in the factory box.The box said Deluxe Model.Anybody know what I have? It does have the plastic trigger group and the barrel feels like it is coated with a teflon type coating.

#5 ·
Its not incredibly unusual to get a birch stock with some good grain; the 'purists' will tell you it can't possibly get good grain with anything other than walnut...but I've seen my share of nice stocks in other wood.

The 'Wally World Specials' or WWSs as they're known are good rifles; they're made on the same line as all other 10/22s and to Ruger's same standards. You've got yourself a good shooter, or a good platform to mod from, depending on what you're looking to do with your 10/22.

If, perchance, you decide to rebarrel it, lemme know...I'd like to get my grubby little paws on one of the 22" barrels for some experimentin'...

Byrdman

#6 ·
Yep..you've got a Walmart special and it is birch. I have 2 of them. And both have excellent coloring..they really look the same color as a walnut stock. And one of mine has
excellent graining and I bet could fool 80% of the people who look at it.

I laid it side by side with my other real walnut stocks and they done an amazing job with their stain. I wish I knew what kind they used.

Another thing...a lot of people think the barrels are painted. But they are not..they are sandblasted stainless steel. I stripped the paint on the reciever on one of them...bought an alum trigger housing from Clark Customs and polished it till it looks almost like chrome.

I think its an excellent rifle at a good price..so good like I said..I bought two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.