Perfect Union banner

Glass Bedded my 10/22

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Red Cent 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share.
The Stock is a Boyds Dakota, I don't think they make them anymore.
It was a pretty good fit, but I completly Free floated the barrel channel, so that heavy barrel needed some support. I glassed 3"
It now fits like a Glove and the Receiver is not under Stress :bthumb:
I used Brownells Acraglass Jel Kit.
Also I used Plumbers Putty instead of Clay.
The Stock Preped and ready to Glass.
I roughed up the area to be Glassed with 60 grit and then drilled shallow holes for a Mechanical lock.
Then Damed it up with Plumbers putty to stop any over flow.

The Glass Applied:

Barreled Action Ready:
This got two coats of Release agent and one coat of Cooking spray, also applied tape and Putty over the
Barrel Retainer block and Release agent.
I kept the Trigger group installed to help center everything.

And the Action in the stock setting up:

Finished Product:
After setting up overnight for 14 hours, it popped right out.
Alittle trimming to get rid of excess and over flow and it is good to go.

I'm very pleased, this thing now fits Perfect :dancing_bananna:

See less See more
#3 ·
Id reccommend bedding the rear of the stock as well, where the action sits.
Yes, so would I. It will get that last bit of movement out of it. You've got the tough part done, though, and it looks good. I did the same thing and it cut my groups in half.
I did mine in separate steps, front then back. It doesn't cause any problems (I thought it was actually better and easier to do it that way).
Avoid bedding the area inside the magazine well, it needs that clearance to pivot the action into/out of the stock.

It's also possible your stock fits the trigger group/receiver so well already that you don't need to do it. If that's the case, you're good to go.

#8 ·
Replaces the rear pin in the trigger group. You drill a larger hole in the receiver and trigger group. They have a unique way of determining the holes in the stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.